Tammy became a familiar voice on Christian Radio in 1995 with hit songs, such as “Welcome Home”, "Run To The Cross”, “My Irreplaceable” & “Rain On Me” that have brought life and hope to her many listeners, but on september 11th, 2001 her songs ceased for a time. Tammy stepped away from the spotlight to heal after the tragic death of her husband and childhood sweetheart while on a missions trip. That day would change the world forever. That day changed Tammy forever.
One year later she returned as a featured speaker and performer at the Extraordinary Women’s conference and was also asked to share the Women of Faith platform for 4 years with her friends Sheila Walsh, Patsy Clairmont, Carol Kent, Kathy Troccoli, Anita Renfroe and Luci Swindoll. During that time Tammy also became a featured speaker, singer and author for The Revolve Tour for teen girls for 2 years. Her personal story of tragedy, restoration, healing and hope crossed over generational lines and her music inspired all ages, bringing strength and renewed joy.
You may have read Tammy’s story featured on the covers of “Today’s Christian Woman”, “Charisma”, and LifeWay’s “HomeLife” Magazines, or heard her on Focus on the Family, 700 Club, TBN, Daystar & Life Today TV. Or perhaps you even heard Max Lucado or Charles Stanley refer to Tammy’s amazing testimony of God’s faithfulness in a hopeless situation, during one of their sermons.
Tammy’s ministry has taken her all over the world, speaking at women’s conferences, church events, and retreats in South Africa, Australia, Singapore, Columbia, Ghana, Canada & the US. Tammy’s a gifted communicator who draws her audience close with her contagious humor and fun, energetic personality and yet the sincerity of her heart and wisdom of life experience is woven through the very words she speaks. Tammy says, “One of my greatest privileges on this journey of hope and healing is to be able to speak into someone’s life who feels hopeless and numb. I’ve been there too, and one thing I’ve learned is that we can never interpret our numbness as God’s absence in our lives”.
Tammy's dedication to the ministry was recognized in November of 2009 & 2010 when the Christian Music Hall of Fame handed her the award for Inspirational Female Vocalist of the Year!
She has authored 3 books including, Learning to Breathe Again: Choosing Life and Finding Hope After a Shattering Loss (W Publishing-Women of Faith Book Selection), Beyond The Sorrow: There’s Hope in the Promises of God (J Countryman Thomas Nelson), and she co-penned the hilarious & brilliantly illustrated Children’s Book, The Log Family: See You at the Beach (September Day) with her late husband Trent Lenderink who sadly never got to see his work completed.
"This musical offering has brought me to the most beautiful season yet on my personal journey from love to loss and into a deeper understanding of God's faithful commitment to us through life's growing moments."
Her latest album, SUNNY DAYS, is packed with strong infectious melodies and is lyrically covered with the promises of Hope. Trent, who co-wrote 8 of the 10 songs says, "Although this is my sixth studio record, it's the first album that I can truly say really captured everything that is soo important to me. All these songs are my way of responding to God's sustaining grace in my life. I love to worship and feel captured by the Father when I just can't seem to breathe on my own; I love to dance because it's sooo freeing and injects soo much fun and joy into my life; and I'm still over the moon excited about sharing my faith and hope with those that feel like leaning in for a listen."
"My message today is bold and it’s clear. You will get through this. Not somehow, but triumphantly. We may have walked through horrible circumstances in life that have crushed our spirits, but this one truth I know: God’s plans and purposes for our lives are good. They were good at the moment we were created and are still good today. I know life is hard, but I also truly believe God is faithfully good and he has the power to restore the broken places in our hearts. Remember, God’s intent is never to leave you where you are in a place of hurt, but rather to move you to a place of wholeness and healing. I know that fear of the unknown can be overwhelming today, but try to keep seeking to be healed and finding something beautiful within the ashes. (Isaiah 61:3) I stand with you at this moment as a fellow traveler giving my pain purpose, too. We can’t give up. We just can’t!" - Tammy Trent
"I have set before you an open door" Revelation 3:8
I am committed to the call of hope on my life and sharing that with the world in anyway that I can. And through prayer, I submit my life to God, seeking His inspiration and leading in everything I do. I commit my resources to outreach, service and ministry to help others discover a real relationship with Jesus Christ and to fully understand His promises and the eternal. I look at this open door with a faithful heart and I thank God for trusting me with it.
"But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power to testify about me with great effect, to the people in Jerusalem, through Judea, in Samaria and to the ends of the earth, about my death and resurrection" Acts 1:8
WHAT I BELIEVE:
1. The Bible to be the only inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God. (2 Tim. 3:15-4:1, 1 Thess. 2:13, 2 Pet. 1:21-2:1)
2. There is one true God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deut. 6:4, Isa. 43:10-11, Matt. 28:18-20, Luke 3:22)
3. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutional death on the cross, bodily resurrection, ascension to the Father and His personal return in power and glory. (Matt.1:23, Luke 1:31-32, Acts 10:37-38, Acts 2:22, Heb. 7:26-27, 1 Cor. 15:3-5, 2 Cor. 5:21-6:1, Matt. 28:6, Luke 24:39, 1 Cor. 15:4-6, Acts 1:9-11, Phil. 2:9-11, Heb. 1:3)
4. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of sinful man; a person must experience a spiritual rebirth. Only through the power of the Holy Spirit is the Christian able to live a more godly life. (Rom. 10:12-13, Eph. 2:8-10, Titus 2:11, Titus 3:4-8, Rom. 8:16, Eph. 4:24, Titus 2:12)
5. There is a resurrection of both the saved and the lost—the saved to eternal life in heaven, the lost to hell. (1 Thess. 4:15-17, Rom. 3:23-24, 1 Cor. 15:51-52, Rev. 20:11-15, Rev. 21:6-8)
6. Jesus Christ rose from the dead and is returning soon. (Zech. 14:4-5, Matt. 24:26, Matt. 24:30, Rev. 1:7, Rev. 19:11-13)
7. The Great Commission of the church is to go into the entire world and preach the Gospel to every person, using every modern means of communication available to us. (Mark 16:15, Luke 14:23, Matt. 28:19-20, Acts 1:7-8, Mark 16:15 -16)
8. In the spiritual unity of believers through the working of the Holy Spirit and the Lord Jesus Christ. (Eph. 4:11-13, Ps. 133:1, Phil. 2:1-3)
9. In holy Christian living, and to have concern for the hurts and social needs of our fellow men. (Col. 3:12-14, Rom. 15:1-2)
10. We must dedicate ourselves anew to the service of our Lord and to His authority over our lives. (Col. 2:9-11, Eph. 6:7-8)